MOD 29
Have you ever gotten sick because of stress? Describe your experience.
I actually can get severely overwhelmed with stress fairly easy, such as at exam time or near a big project deadline, and I do get sick because of stress. When I get "stress sick" I get extremely pessimistic. My views are just depressing, and I freak out about how much I have to do. Normally I am able to calm myself down after a while, and am able to proceed with the task at hand. But my stress can get so bad at times that I just need to stop working and go run it off or take a break. My stress has gotten to the point where I miss sport practices to catch up on work, just so I don't have to experience a stress "episode." I try to prevent them at all costs by staying caught up with work and not procrastinating, and if that means missing a swim practice or such here and there, that is a sacrifice that I am willing to make. Stress attacks are not an experience that I enjoy or look forward too.
Do you behave differently in different situations? Have people ever accused you of having different personalities? How did that make you feel?
I don't think I act differently to the point where it appears that I have different personalities, but I definitely act different in various situation and when I am with different groups of people. Normally I am a fairly laid back, good natured guy. But if I ever need to take responsibility or a leadership role, I adapt very quickly and naturally. There are also situations where I will do the opposite and be less responsible and serious, such as if I'm just hanging out with my good friends. I think that everyone act's differently in various situations fairly often, but there is quite a drastic difference between acting differently in a certain situation and having multiple or split personalties. It's normal to be able to change how you behave to adapt to the situation at hand, but when it comes to the point that you are essentially two different people, that is when it starts to become an issue and psychological concern.
No comments:
Post a Comment