MOD 17
Describe a time when you learned something observationally.
A time when I have learned a skill through observational learning would be how I learned to play chess by watching my cousins and uncles play. When I was learning to play chess, I would get killed every game, not because i didnt know the rules, but because I didn't know any strategy. Over family get togethers, we'd play alot of chess, so when I wasn't playing, I was watching. By carefully monitoring and paying attention to the moves made by my other family members, I soon begain to pick up the strategy. Eventually I was able to come up with strategy on my own, but I started by using the strategies that I picked up from hours of watching other games of chess.
Describe a time when someone learned something (good or bad) from you observationally.
Although I'm sure that people have learned bad things from me observationally, I am going to dwell on a good situation. A couple years ago I took a friend ice skating with my family. Although my family were all seasoned skaters, my friend had never skated, and was dreadful. So I had him carefully observe me as i slowfully demonstrated and repeated the various motions and movements of basic skating. Soon enough he was able to skate straight by observing me, and within an hour he was able to turn, stop, and figure 8, all by watching my modeled behavior. Not only did I teach my friend how to skate through observational learning, but I went on to teach the entire Canadian Olympic Men's Hockey Team to skate through the same process.
No comments:
Post a Comment